Help! got my first freelance job query, Freaking out!

Hello

So I put out my personal website with my projects and a few bits and pieces I have done and I got an email yesterday with an inquiry, see below:

Here is the job details I have small scale business which i want to turn into large scale business now it located in Leeds and the company is based on importing and exporting of Sport wears such as running jacket, jersey, dance wear,socks, boots etc for both adult youth ladies and girls so i need a best of the best layout design for it. Can you handle that for me ? The site would only be informational, so i need you to give me an estimate based on my want below, the estimate should include hosting and i have a private project consultant, he has the text content and the logos for the site.

WHAT I WANT-

I need a very simple informational website that shows the products that I sell.

(4 main pages)

HOME PAGE

ABOUT US

OUR PRODUCTS (gallery) - about 25 products for now and adding 5-10 new products every month. I want the product to be classified into 4 pages , which are

Male : Adult and chidren , Female : Adult and children. so that the customers can get full details.

CONTACT US - with a form to fill out so that they can get in contact with me.

Domain Name i want- “williamssport.co.uk” or anything along that line.

TIMELINE- this should go “live” in 3 months.

Note:

1. I want only English language

2. You will be updating the site for me.

3. I will be proving the images, logos and content for the site.

4. I want the site up and running before ending of next two month.

5. My budget is ÂŁ1000 to ÂŁ5000

6. No shopping ability

7. The site will be mobile friendly

8. I don’t want sitemap

9. I have 25 product to be on it.

Kindly get back to me with:

(1) an estimate

where to start, I believe I can do it, but I don’t know about pricing etc, I have googled but nothing that sounds the same as this project … help, please

Thanks for replying, I know I have the ability, I have been here learning for a while now as well as taking other course to cement the knowledge and building sites in my free time …

But I have had a search online and realised my first freelance inquiry was a scam … this person is everywhere with different info …

A bit dissappointed but hey-ho, I have learnt a lesson today… :upside_down_face:

I am sorry if it is off topic but is it a usual thing to do for a freelance?
I always thought that once the site is done you just hand the site to the client

Well it should come at a price, but there is nothing specially odd about doing a service agreement.

1 Like

Well, yes it’s a thing that can be asked, but the client will have to pay for each update.
Or you can add to the contract some lines saying that you will update the website for X month/year for Y amount, and if he wants you to keep updating it after this time you will have to make him sign another contract.
At least that’s how it’s supposed to happen.

1 Like