Help I'm stuck. please

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<style>
  .red-text {color: red } <p> KITTY IPSUM TEXT: {font-size: 16px} </p>

</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<p> Prr jump eat grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched. </p>

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_3) AppleWebKit/604.5.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0.3 Safari/604.5.6.

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/change-the-font-size-of-an-element

I think you may have misread the second instruction:

Inside the same tag that contains your red-text class, create an entry for p elements and set the font-size to 16 pixels (16px).

If I’m not mistaken, HTML elements tags don’t do anything inside the <style> tags (or at least they are not meant to!), so putting the paragraph <p> KITTY IPSUM TEXT: {font-size: 16px} </p> isn’t right.

Anything inside the style tags is meant to be written according CSS syntax, for example:

<style>
  h2 {
    color: red;
  }
</style>

The markup above specifies that you would like the h2 element (<h2>) to apply a color of red to its text, most things in CSS is formatted according to this syntax. If we take the code you have written for example:

<style>
  KITTY IPSUM TEXT {font-size: 16px}
</style>

I’ve already gotten rid of the <p> tags for reasons stated above and I’ve also removed the colon because it doessn’t make sense here.

The code still doesn’t work because you are saying that you want the KITTY IPSUM TEXT HTML element to have a font size of 16px—<KITTY IPSUM TEXT> isn’t an HTML element (well, at least it’s not a standard one), therefore you code doesn’t work.

I hope that helps!

still not working mate

that is not the case sir. can you show me how neet to be written?

<style>
  .red-text {color: red } <p> KITTY IPSUM TEXT: {font-size: 16px} </p>

</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<p> Prr jump eat grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched. </p>