noyb, thanks for the good info.
- I switched to Cloudinary for the images.
- I don’t really want any coding interface. If I must use one, it may as well be CodePen, but I bookmarked Plunker in case I get too fed up with CodePen.
- I went to remove Bootstrap, but it’s no longer selected. Not sure how that happened, but okay.
- I guess I did put grid classes in my HTML. I might have been trying to make it responsive. I realized at some point that regular CSS and Bootstrap CSS are blurred together in my head. I need
- to review my notes from several sources and get that straightened out.
Emgo-Dev, thanks, I’m making a note of your flexbox CSS code for future reference. I’m just not ready for it yet.
ksjazzguitar, I tried the ctrl-a, ctrl-tab thing, but all it did was switch me to another tab in my browser. I don’t see any change in indentation. (Then again, the Save button got that yellow strip at the bottom signalling that a change needed saving.)
Well, they’re all web dev. And that’s fine, since web-based apps seem to be where we’re headed, but I want to do the app part, not the graphical design part. Used to be, you could learn HTML, including styling it, in an hour. You didn’t have to fight the system to get it to understand which thing was to be placed where or what size or color. :::grumble, grumble::: It’s not job security until I have a job, and right now, I’d accept a $10/hour job (coding, not McDonald’s).
I have no problem with letting CodePen do the head stuff, but it would be nice if they’d tell us that somewhere so I didn’t have to look for someone to explain this (and other things). Why don’t they have a basic newbie tutorial?
Not objecting to learning the tools, but I’d like to get the basics mastered before adding on more. It’s like learning multiplication when you barely understand addition. Yes, it’s easier to do 8 x 3, but not until you’ve grasped 8 + 8 + 8.
Somewhere in this thread, someone said that if I removed the Bootstrap, my three pictures would line up at the bottom, but that hasn’t happened. Since Bootstrap isn’t in this and the exact same code does it right on my system, I’m still wondering why it changed in CodePen. I’m tired of the tribute page, which I never wanted to do anyway. I guess these first two projects will just be imperfect. My goal is to meet the requested requirements on these and move on.
Sorry. I asked for help, and I appreciate all of your help!