Hi guys can you take a look at my technical documentation page and tell me what you think please?

This webpage isnā€™t responsive. Try narrowing the window, and content starts disappearing off the screen. Also, the choice of font is hard to read at the font size you chose. ā€œLarge/small capsā€ fonts may look good for titles, but sans serif normal case fonts are the norm for technical documentation page content (headings is up to you).

Also, try hovering over the ā€œJavascript Introā€ in the navbar, and it triggers a new layout. Not great. You may want to mess around with the padding there.

I see what you mean. On a phone it looks completely different I had to get on my phone to understand. Still have a ways to go with this project. Thanks Iā€™ll keep working.

You donā€™t need to wait and check it on your phone to see if a page is reponsive or not. Just open Responsive Design Mode in Firefox (Ctrl + Shift + M) or Toggle Device Toolbar in Chromeā€™s Developer Tools (Ctrl + Shift + I > Ctrl + Shift + M) and once there, resize the viewport.

2 Likes

@camperextraordinaire I appreciate the feedback. My intentions was not to show that I had a thorough knowledge of JavaScript I can ensure you I donā€™t. If it came across like I was passing that off as my knowledge it is not, and I apologize. I didnā€™t think the words I used on this project was the most important part.

Thanks. I donā€™t know why I forgot that that existed. The presets are very useful. I have just been docking the dev tools (F12) to the right and dragging the vertical bar.

@vipatron yup, they are very useful, glad I could help.

Thatā€™s a little harsh, @camperextraordinaire. The project example in FCC codepen is as well a copy of MDNā€™s content, and I donā€™t see any problem at all. Itā€™s not fair to call @Bls with those words when the example provided by FCC is the same.

MDN content copyright and licenses terms establishes that you can copy, redistribute, remix and adapt through any medium their content (even commercially). They only ask to give them credits and link to their official website content, which is what @Bls project lacks and FCC example has.

2 Likes

Yup, and I agree with you there. The best way to make a student better is to ask more from them in order to increase their creativity. It was only the word ā€˜plagiarismā€™ that I felt it was unfair to use. @Bls is just starting and itā€™s good for him to know that thereā€™s not only black and white in terms of content copyright. Nevertheless, he needs to give credits to the original author, like FCC did.

Cheers @camperextraordinaire, and thank you for hard work in the community :slight_smile: .

1 Like