How do you not get discouraged?

I’m not sure if you really understood my previous post—most people who graduate with a CS degree tend to land their first jobs without any further education beyond the degree. Well it should also be said that these people often work at internships/jobs during their junior and senior years too (you didn’t say if you did that). And assuming you’re still in your early 20s (25 at most), it shouldn’t be that hard to land a job since most companies should still take you on as an intern. Most companies prefer to hire CS graduates, in fact, so it should be that much easier for you to land a job when you’re still young and relatively fresh out of school.

Barring a lack of completed projects to show for your degree and/or skill, the only other thing you need to do is put in genuine effort to land a job, instead of spending time studying. I’d suggest reading this thread for advice: http://forum.freecodecamp.org/t/how-are-some-people-able-to-get-jobs-within-months/

In particular, my response in that thread where I also cite soft skills being a large part in getting hired quickly: How are some people able to get jobs within months?

2 Likes