How I Got My Dream Job (with resources) UPDATE

How I Got My Dream Job (with resources) UPDATE

Awesome story thanks for the tips and inspiration

Very inspiring story. Hope to join you in the field someday soon!

I’d love to! Fantastic idea of a forum as well. I will congregate a few more resources that I remembered after writing this post also.

Work hard and you will, I promise!

Congrats on the new job! I agree, the Medium post may be helpful for a lot of people.

Sorry for the delay on the medium post and resource reviews. Came down with a pretty nasty flu but expect it all to be up by the weekend. I spent last night listing more resources that I utilized :slight_smile:

I have to disagree with that. The docs are extremelly outdated. I had to learn react to do a project at my job, and the docs are horrible.

They actually just updated them to ES6!

Hi Always want to get a chance to show my appreciation to you.

For providing such a great platform to us and link each of us up.

In fact , our Guangzhou FCC site will start to held a coffee and code activity next Month and I am one of the helper.

Thanks again. Have a good day.

I’ve enjoyed reading your post. Interesting stuff.

Thanks for your kind words, Cherry! I am thrilled to hear that you’re helping other campers in Guangzhou. I have fond memories of Guangzhou (I lived there for a couple years) and hope to attend one of your events next time I’m in the area. Where do you all organize? On WeChat?

Colt Steele’s course is ‘amazing’ and I have nothing but nice things to say about that! Great read!

Awesome - thanks for such a great post!

Sorry about the absence, totally forgot to post it on the FCC medium. Got around to updating it :slight_smile:

@Munsterberg thanks for sharing that great story. please I want to ask: my english is good but still not perfect. is this a problem to make interview or to work remotely or even freelancing?

I would say it depends on where you’re looking to work. If you’re planning to work remotely in the US or Canada, I would try to improve your english as much as possible. Where I worked we had in-house and remote devs, all the remote workers were native english speakers. Just remember it never hurts to apply to jobs, you gain a lot of experience and insight.

thanks so much for your reply

Thanks for sharing such a motivational story! Hope, one day I can share mine after getting my first developer job. And could you please give links for Stephen Grider’s react courses on Udemy?

Check out the updated medium post! It has more resources and the links to each :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is inspiring to read about someone breaking in and landing their first developer job. As a middle-aged career changer who fell into the tech field after years of unemployment during the Great Recession & then bouncing from one temp gig to the next with no real career direction, I am very hopeful that I have finally found my calling in programming. And reading about success stories like yours is motivating as I am on my journey. Thank you for sharing your learning tips too :slight_smile: