How to integrate quote API in IOS app?

Hello,

I was curious as to how I would take the info from the quote API and ready it / format for use in an ios / swift app. Any direction or advice on how to do that would be great.

I’m fairly new to Swift and do not know much about the language however I can give you the general idea of what to do.

1. Prepare a storyboard which has the needed labels and a place holder
  2. Fetch the quote from the API
  3. Add the quote and author into the desired locations.

If I have time I’ll look more into depth with helping you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you I just joined and was unaware of the general norms for posting. Of course now separating topics into different threads based on needs makes a lot of sense. I will be sure to remember for future posting.

Link to api:
https://api.forismatic.com/api/1.0/?method=getQuote&key=457653&format=jsonp&lang=en&jsonp=?

In general my goal is simply to have the info from the API above deliver a quote to app i am playing around with

Background:
I am fairly new to all of this and so have watched a number of tutorials on youtube and have some knowledge of JavaScript.

Any links to specific info or any tips advice for someone like myself would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to learning more!

Thank you! Yes i believe i have a good understanding of what to do in terms of the steps. Was just curious if there were examples.