How To Learn From Mistakes

I’m currently on the Galvanize prep course, and I’m bumping into a lot of problems that I never can answer but thankfully they provide a video with the answer. The problem is, I’m not learning by just watching the video. Is there anything I can do to actually learn the content and not just say “Ah, I could have done that”. Should I ‘dissect’ the problem and analyze every part? Tear it down and rebuild it? What do you do?

Hi @ErcDz,

What you should do depends on how you learn, however practising definitely helps to reinforce your understanding.

There are many sites where to practise solving problems. One that I personally use and find helpful is Edabit . Others might suggest different and better sites. Just pick one and try it out, you have nothing to lose :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Sometimes when you are asked a question, the aim is to draw you attention to the information you need to solve the problem. That way, you will actually be learning with a goal in mind not just learning to know. I think the solution is ok even if it comes from a video.