How to learn Machine Learning as a Beginner

I’m currently a student, and I’m looking into machine learning. I’m not majoring in computer science, and don’t have much of math background. I know some python and java, but I’m pretty new to the programming realm.

I have ideas for programs, particularly in the Machine Learning/Intelligence field that I would like to try to make. Many of my ideas seem like team projects, but I also see experienced coders accomplish big projects in a week or two. I would like to have that skill level and knowledge base, but don’t know where to start.
I’ve looked up videos and articles claiming to be for beginners, but they all quickly jump into difficult concepts without explaining them well for us novices. Basically, I’m looking for the Codecademy of ML and AI.
I know there are some similar existing posts, but I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations for complete beginners.

Any advice, tips, or tricks? Where do I start?

Udacity has a nanodegree on the subject, but I can’t speak for it personally. As far as I know, it’s probably one of the best resources for ML, at least as far MOOC platforms go. You might be able to find a better one if you look into a coding bootcamp.

From what I’ve gathered, it’s a difficult field to jump into and start learning as it requires a strong background in certain types of math—mostly statistics and probability, but also some calculus. There are also a limited number of programming languages that are directly applicable to it—Python and R are the two biggest ones by far, but Java has a number of libraries for it now as well.

If I were you, I might start by applying to get into Udacity’s nanodegree (at least if you have the spare cash). If you don’t have the cash, you can still take the individual courses in their nanodegree for free. Coursera has a limited number of highly-reated courses on the subject as well—Andrew Ng’s Machine Learning course is well-regarded, and the last time I checked, it was still available to take for free.

Udacity & MOOC are available.
However, before you start, my suggestion is - please brush up your knowledge atleast on linear algebra and Python or R.