How to make static website responsive?

I have my Portfolio Site hosted on Netlify which is connected through Github. Whenever I resize my browser on the computer or use the responsive design tool, it seems to display how I want it to. But when I go on my phone, the website is not responsive at all, and is almost like I’m using desktop version on my phone. I’ve always had media queries on the CSS, but that doesn’t make a difference for when I am using my phone.

Try changing the following line:

<meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1″>

to

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

Not sure exactly what you are seeing when you look at your site with a mobile device, but it seems to look responsive to me on my phone. Can you post some screenshots of what you are seeing and what does not work for you? Also, share which phone operating system and browser you are using. Also, make sure you are not using Desktop site browser settings.

The <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"> did the trick. But another question I have that I forgot to put initially is how do I get my photos to show up? Right now they look like this

tags are self-closing tags. You don’t need a closing tag for that. Your img source is incorrect. Checking the image links used in the website leads me to this: