How to PLAY the Roguelike Dungeon Crawler Game?

I want to start building the Roguelike Dungeon Crawler Game but I run into the problem that I don’t even understand how to play the example game myself. There are no instructions included so I guess it is such a well known game that this was deemed unneccessary. However, it is new to me! When I google ‘Roguelike Dungeon Crawler Game’ I find only instructions on how to make the game, not on how to play it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Usually you go around collecting weapons, collecting health, fighting monsters for experience, and try to get strong enough to fight the “boss” to win.

I’d just play around with some. Remember that it doesn’t have to be exactly like theirs, just meet the user stories, look good, and work well. You can deviate a little. For example, in the example they have you teleporting to different levels, I chose not to do that.

Take a look at mine - it has a few instructions. I’d suggest playing some other people’s to get more ideas. I had no idea what it was either, so I had to look around. Apperently there is a whole history to this sub-genre. It was news to me. It’s like I had no idea what the heck Twitch was (and am still not 100% sure.)

If you have any confusions, just ask.

Thank you so much for your quick reply, very helpful!