I wish I had known about this earlier. HumbleBundle is featuring a set of programming books in their latest Book Bundle. For $15, you get all of the books in PDF, Mobi, and ePub formats. To be clear, some of these books are available for free online, but only as web pages. If you want to read them on your e-reader, you’d need to pay for it. Here’s what’s included:
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
- The Linux Command Line, Learn You a Haskell for Great Good!
- Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good!
- The Book of F#.
- Land of Lisp
- Realm of Racket
- Write Great Code, Volume 1: Understanding the Machine
- Python Playground
- Think Like a Programmer
- The Art of R Programming
- Clojure for the Brave and True
- Write Great Code, Volume 2: Think Low-Level, Write High-Level
Write Great Code V1 and Think Like A Programmer are books that I frequently recommend, and the Kindle editions of these are more than $15 by themselves. I highly recommend everyone jump on this. Since it’s Humble Bundle, you’re also giving money to some charities!