I built a Darth Vader inspired Simon Game!

Hi all,

This is my first time building an really interactive game. I use setInterval to do something, then call a function called nextThing() which is my attempt to keep synchronicity while determining the next thing to be done.

Unfortunately I am finding it very hard to keep track of the state of my application (e.g. when is it playing a pattern? When is it listening to user input?).

I would love some feedback on my JavaScript code structure. I am aware that it is a mess and there are function calls and state setting all over the place. I just don’t know how to approach the problem of keeping track of the applications state!

The main issue is that I only want certain actions to be performed AFTER setInterval has finished playing a sequence. The only way to do that is by calling functions INSIDE setInterval(function(){/*here/}, time).

Any advice in that regard would be very helpful, here is the pen:

Many thanks for your time and feedback!

(and that’s it, I’m done with the Frontend Course, thank you FreeCodeCamp!!!)

Hi Randell! Thanks for taking a look :slight_smile: . I should add some instructions. That is the startup sequence (playing a starwars theme) but it is not clear that it should not be copied. I have added the text ‘wait’ to the screen to tell the user to wait for the all clear. Thanks again!