I can't get a thumbnail for my Web Pages Projects

<%= @topic_view.topic.title %>
<%= @topic_view.topic.average_rating %> <%= @topic_view.topic.posts.count { |p| !!p.custom_fields['rating'] } %>

I can’t get a thumbnail for my Web Pages Projects!!

i tried to do this with many websites but it didn’t work, it keeps telling me "please complete the security check to access to codepen " why it’s not allowing me to take a thumbnail ??
please somoene help !
thumbs

What exactly are you doing to “take the thumbnail”?

1 Like

I’m assuming you haven’t validated your email.

Try checking your email that you used to sign up with codepen and there should be an email from codepen asking you to confirm that you have access to that email address

1 Like

i’ve just downloaded the Web Page thumbnailer i’m trying to get a thumbnail for all my projects to put it in my Personal Porfolio that i’m making . here’s an example of what i’m talking about : https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/full/zNBOYG
i did even tried to use online wbesite (thumbnail makers) instead but it’s still not allowing me

thumbs my email is already validated look at this picture everytime i try to get a thumbnail it keep telling me this

Hey @issamath, don’t know if you know this or not. Codepen creates large and small screen shots of pens that can be used in your portfolio.

1 Like

thanks but nothing is showing up in that link, it says “page not found”

Well you have to replace ‘userName’ with your codepen username and ‘penName’ with the pen you want to see

where do i replace it i really have no idea ? i’m sorry for asking so many questions

In the URL’s I sent. For instance, to see the small thumbnail. The URL I sent is;

2 Likes

oh i’m so stupid it took me awhile to understand what you’re saying :sweat_smile: this is your sec time helping me , i can’t thank you enough

1 Like

Glad I was able to help you.
What I need to do is revamp how I put those URL’s into a post to make it a bit clearer.

1 Like

indeed, yeah it would be great if you do that !

Okay @issamath, you’re on the hook. :slightly_smiling_face:
How about if I was to post something like this for the next user who asks a similar question to yours. Would this be better?

1 Like

Good Job Roma, yeah you made it look pretty clear that way , exept i have one more question for you :wink: how do i get ride of that little annoying 'select" thing up on the left side ?
likl

You can comment the script out in codepen, get your clean screenshot and then uncomment the script.

lmao i did and it told me “screenshot coming soon” i think i need give it some time

1 Like