I can't use the codepen to write my project codes

hello guys, i am doing my first freecodecamp code challenge for tribute page. I have written the codes, but everytime i write them in codepen the preview thing doesn’t allow me to write anything. When i double click on the html file i have created it bring the code section, whcn i click to write, the section goes away and it keeps doing this. Can some one help? Or do i need to be a pro user of codepen?

Absolutely not.

Have you tried using another browser? If that doesn’t work, try contacting their support: https://codepen.io/support/

It’s not clear to me what you are saying, but you definitely don’t need the pro version.

I have written the codes, but everytime i write them in codepen …

Are you saying that you wrote it locally and are now trying to transfer it to codepen? That is often difficult because codepen is a little more picky and idiosyncratic

…the preview thing doesn’t allow me to write anything.

I’m not sure how preview would prevent you fro writing anything. I do find the auto-preview annoying though so I always turn it off in settings/behavior.

When i double click on the html file i have created it bring the code section,…

You mean locally? Most people have it set to run the html in the browser on a dbl clikc, but some people may have it set to open an editor.

… whcn i click to write, the section goes away and it keeps doing this.

What section? The local file? The codepen pane?

In theory, you should be able to open up your local html file, select all, copy, go to your codepen window, select the HTML pane, and paste the code. (Remembering that there will ideally be some changes because codepen organizes things differently.)

I’m not sure what would cause what I think is causing the problem you are describing. I use codepen all the time have never even heard of a problem close to this.

Also keep in mind that you do not need to use codepenAlthough I personally recommend developing these on codepen (because it’s an easy environment and because it’s sooooo much easier to get help) there is no requirement that you use codepen. As long as the source code and a working demo are visible to the public, then you are fine. For example, you could save your code to github (an important thing to learn how to do anyway) and put the working code on github pages. That’s a perfectly acceptable alternative.

Thank you BenGitter. I have tried another browser and it works fine… didnt think the browser was problem until your suggestion. thanks so much

thanks it is sorted now

can you help me one more thing. I see the codepen doesn’t allow any upload of image. so i have uploaded the image to google images and created the link. i have embedded the image link in img element but it doesn’t render the image. is there a specific way to source image in codepen so it show the image?

https://codepen.io/Magalle/project/editor/Zwvzjr

any thought randelldawson?

the link worked, i see where the problm was. thanks randel. i guess i got long way to go :wink: