I got a dev job after battling with mental health

I am a disabled veteran for 100% ptsd. I am a recovering addict with over a year of sobriety. I am very hyped about learning coding along with graphic design. Its inspiring to hear of your success. I havent accomplished much since i got out of the army. But learning this skill is inspiring. To have the tools to craft ideas manifested into reality! I got along way to go!!

5 Likes

Thank you for your service @teaglebuilt . Everyone no matter their differences is welcome at FCC. Best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://en.finevpn.org/ encryption to make your activities ā€œvirtually untraceableā€. Traffic between nodes is multiplexed, defeating passive correlation surveillance. Doublehop uses ā€œdouble hopsā€ to ensure multiple legal jurisdictions to disrupt potential investigations. It directs traffic through multiple locations in a strategic way to add privacy KETO BodyTone Review: Remedy or Trash? | What Rose Knows

1 Like

Congrats on this working out!

There is and probably always will be stigma associated with mental health. Itā€™s not easy to deal with. I know personally from battling depression and ADD my whole life. Itā€™s hard that society pressures everyone to take the same path and we all have to do the same things, even though the system is broken (I could talk about that for days).

But donā€™t feel guilty for taking time to make yourself better! And donā€™t feel bad about the time it takes either. Everyone is different and you know yourself better than anyone. Learn the best way for yourself to learn and grow. It may be different from others, but who cares! There are great communities for support, including this one!

It must have been a great success for you to get that job after all the hard work (I know if was for me). But donā€™t give up and keep growing. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for this.

Iā€™m starting this month on a self-created immersion into this site and others as a possible occupation while dealing with mental illness as well.

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in you shoes right now man. Iā€™m trying to change careers while dealing with a host of personal issues. Itā€™s pushed my anxiety into overdrive. I even get anxiety about getting mental breakdowns.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever be rid of anxiety but Iā€™m starting to learn ways to keep it down and manage it when it gets out of hand. Especial now that Iā€™ve realized that right now my anxiety is my greatest obstacle to my success and long term contentment.

3 Likes

Congratz Anthony. Very inspiring testimony. Good luck to you, and to all who are still struggling. Never give up. Sometimes it may not seem so, but there will be light.:+1:

1 Like

Good luck for your job. Hard work always gives result.

1 Like

Praying 5 times a day :pray: :star_and_crescent: gives me the strength to overcome my mental health issues.

Actually sometimes I pray 10+ times a day.

Thatā€™s my medication :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You are a very inspiring person. thank you so much for sharing your story and I hope that everything will go well with you. and congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story. Itā€™s so important to make the conversation around mental health a public one. The more honest you are, the more you give permission to others to share their own stories. So thank you again!

Iā€™ve journeyed through mental health issues myself. Mild burnout turned into creeping anxiety and a bout of crippling depression. Therapy helped me figure out what the root childhood issues were. Meditation helped me keep myself on track (still does). I ended up becoming a meditation teacher as a result.

I write about the issue of the stresses of programming and coding burnout on my blog . Please feel free to contact me if you are struggling!

1 Like

for everyone of us to learn from!
Thank you so much, Anthony, for sharing your story here! Good luck with your new endeavors!

1 Like

congratulations, and thank you for posting this! itā€™s very inspiring :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Sounds really impressing!

1 Like

That is awesome man Iā€™m glad to hear it worked out for you. What forms of psychotherapy did you use? Iā€™m looking into this myself.

1 Like

Wow. I can relate to so much of this, particularly mental health, which has been with me for such a long time, and to this day is a huge obstacle in my ability to stay motivated and overcome my frustrations in learning CSS and web development in general, and to get a job in web development.

Itā€™s posts like yours that reinforce the importance of staying connected with a community like FCC and getting emotional support.

Iā€™m happy for you, and thank you for sharing!

1 Like

i agree with you. It is useful information

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing your story, Anthony. Because you talked about yourself, many people also shared their stories from which I learned a lot more than I thought I would.

1 Like

keep going men , its a journey that leads to greatness and your seat at the throne is waiting for you. keep it up!

congratulations. this is great! Best of luck :100: