I got a job :-)

Congratulations!!

It’s good to hear that it can be done with a full time job! Really inspiring!

1 Like

right on right on!

said in best McConaughey voice

1 Like

Thank you so much for posting this! I finished a coding bootcamp in September, and like you I’ve been getting distracted and feeling down while on the job search. I also was used to showing employers that I work hard and learn quickly in order to get jobs in the past, but since the coding bootcamp I’ve come to realize that the main thing employers want to see is that I can code and that I’m excited about it. Now I’m working on projects that will communicate that message. It’s really encouraging to read your story and know that if I keep working at it, I’ll get that developer job one day!!

6 Likes

Congratulations. Good to know.

Congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your hike to career happiness!

Quite the best advice for learners who have a passion for coding. Congratulations, your passion and persistence is fantastic! Best wishes ahead! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulation! your story is inspiring me.

Hey there congrats :slight_smile:,I’m in the same boat as well.Thanks for inspiring me :smiley:

I keep pecking away at the course work. I wish I had started this years ago. Better late than never.

Congrats Elise …Proud of you …weird since i did not know you.

I am still in the process, I am kind of the same boat as you. I got distracted into many things family and area of concentration in tech like android app, web development, machine learning, deep learning, VR …OMG the list goes on. It seems now I am more concentrating into Android app development though rather than anything else. Cheers, Danny

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story. I also have a long time to learn code from lower background. Like you, i 've had a full-time job to earn money everyday. Your story encourage me a lot and once again, thank you!

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your new job. It is simply inspring for me as a full-time worker and a newbie on the fcc. :+1:

congrats !!! great post :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your first job.

Thank you for sharing your story! Congrats on the new job!

Thanks for the inspiration! It’s time I got back to the “You Don’t Know JavaScript” series.

Well done! That’s some great advice on job searching and really conveying a passion. The common trend I’ve found on success post’s such as these is really showing you are a passionate learner. I’m of the opinion that at the end of the day, it’s your willingness to learn and adapt that makes you a great developer than how many languages you know/don’t!

1 Like

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story.

Nice story. BIG congratulations

My take, “always have a learning goal to reach.” Congrats.

1 Like