I got a new job!

With all the progressive web apps there are, for sure it’ll be. And if not, you can always go React Native and develop for mobile? But for sure, it’s a promising career 10+ years from now on. Back in the 80s i believe or 90s( i wasn’t even born yet) they said programming is dead etc, look at us now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats! a little question: is the job you got remote or onsite?

1 Like

Congratulations!
I have been learning how to program for a long time, but am still not sure about my knowledge. Tell me how you believed in yourself?

1 Like

I tried to find a job after college for 3 months without any success. But after I published a linux software I made, I got 2 job offers within a week. It only took me 2 days to code the software.

2 Likes

Congratulations buddy!

1 Like

Congrats! In the process of self-teaching myself. Just got out of college. Would you mind sparing some advice? With what language should I begin?

This might be late but, just trust yourself, don’t be so harsh, you’re still young & you have time. You might feel down some days but it’s important to always bounce back and you’ll get tthere

1 Like

Smart move there buddy. You’re the real life evidence that people really don’t care about degrees but they care if you can code!

I’d go in depth js then learn some trendy framework . For example at my job I do React, React Native, Node.js, GraphQL(With apollo) and some small frameworks and i have recruiters on my head all day because react + node + graphql is very popular nowadays.

Reading through story is really inspiring and i’ll like to meet up to discuss more if you have the chance if you don’t mind. I live here in Bucharest, hopefully you are still in the country haha.

1 Like

Congrats. It is really good news. what was the interview procedures. Best Of Luck.

1 Like

Sure! Why not, I’m in the country but i’ll be in another city for the next week to a festival.

1 Like

Took a coding challenge and i passed it.

I got a new job! next part!
I made it my mission to post it here every time I get a new job, as a full-stack self-taught developer. So… here we go!
Working that job from the previous thread for a year, I learnt a lot of stuff, it truly made me a way better developer and i also built a stronger network, anyway, back on track. I got a couple offers which were interesting over the course of last year,
However, one, last month caught my eye.It’s a start-up with a lot of traction, i went for a casual interview and after looking at my GitHub they decided to skip the technical interview and offer me a position. It is a full-stack position, with a back-end in Python( which i am new at, but it doesn’t really matter as I’ll be mainly focusing for the first month on the front-end part, also I have experince in node.js + graphQL, it’ll be easy to pick up Python) , and React-Native as a front-end, PostgreSQL as a DB + AWS( Which i’m comfortable with as I worked with them for the last year). This offer came with a huge pay check increase too. The best part? My very good friend from the previous job is joining too as a QA.

There’s definitely a career here for you, even if you’re self-taught!

3 Likes

Last Post
It had already became tradition to come here every time I get a new job.
So yeah… as the title says, I got a new job!
It’s for a full remote job for a start-up. I’m going back to my main full-stack usual technologies( React + React Native with Node.JS ( No GraphQL this time) and AWS with a Postgres DB)
I feel like I’ve learnt a lot at my past job but it was time to part ways purely as a business decision, me and my last team are ending on really good terms, no hard feelings at all. Remember, never burn your bridges, especially in this industry where contacts are so important.
The interview was standard where they ask me some questions about myself and my technical experience also a technical test.
If I made it 5 times, you can do too. They won’t even ask you about your studies after you gain some experiences, so don’t stress about your educational background.