I got a Web Developer job 1 month after finishing Free Code Camp

Very Impressive. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

wow! nice thatā€™s good

2 Likes

Awesome bro !! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Amazing! I wish you all the best to the future!

3 Likes

Congratulations! I am currently working on my portfolio. I still browse job postings and still feel bad that I havenā€™t made enough websites to fill out my portfolio. So much opportunity passing through my fingers while I am still building and learning.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve heard about it somewhere some time ago but I forgot about that resource. Have you tried free or paid version? Is paid version worth it?

1 Like

Congrats!! This is very inspirational!

2 Likes

Well done and very inspiring! :grin: I am currently focusing on an amalgamation of frontend CSS/HTML but also JavaScript, angular and a little php for good measureā€¦I am keen once built up a robust enough portfolio of work samples to do a spit of freelancing starting small and gradually bidding for larger projects.

Is this realistic? Can i enter world of web development/design freelancing if have the requisite skills (some voluntary work experience) bit NO commercial experience? It is lack of commercial experience in a competitive environment with well qualified people that seems to hold me back.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

1 Like

You should be able to get an entry level Jr. Web Developer position with the skills youā€™ve mentioned even without commercial experience. Sure, it may take some time and many cover letters, but no doubt you will be able to land a job if you have a decent portfolio that shows you can build web apps and convert designs into a web page.

1 Like

Hi @sok213 thanks very much for your reply. I am sure you are correct - i think have the battle is trying to not lose heart and in persevering with learning, practicing and building up portfolio work/projects. Hopefully will get there in the end!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic! Congratulations and good luck!

2 Likes

Stories like this inspire me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations @sok213 I feel very inspired reading your story. I also lost more than 1 year trying to learn web development using the wrong methods. Most of the time I was stuck in The Hand-Holding Honeymoon. But now I really can feel and see that I am on the right track, with Free Code Camp.

Despite the said time lost I think that this experience has a really good outcome. It makes you think about the learning process. In this field we need to develop the lifelong learning mindset. Knowing which methods works and which not is a really great advantage in todayā€™s world and you can apply this knowledge to design great learning projects.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! @sok213, I wish you good luck with your new job! Every time I hear a story like this on FCC I feel so inspired by this! Thanks :wink:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s wonderful ā€“ congrats to you! Thank you for sharing your experience with us & your words of inspiration :blush: & best of luck! (keep us postedā€¦)

2 Likes

Very encouraging! Good luck!

2 Likes

I still donā€™t have a job, but for anyone still wondering how to get one, the key here is to build a really good CV and knocking doors to many employers until one offers you a job

2 Likes

Congratulation and Happy with your job. Iā€™m still working to finish course. Thanks for your motivation

2 Likes

Hey @sok213, congratulations! Thanks for being an inspiration and showing how your perseverance paid off.
Was not aware that one has to be on the waiting list for non-profit projects, was looking forward to that part of the assignment.

2 Likes

Thanks man to share your story. Itā€™s motivated.

2 Likes