I got my first coding job too!

Congrats!! I look forward to seeing some updates about how your new job is going :slight_smile: !

1 Like

love to read your success story and how you’re combining your passions! Great job!

1 Like

Congratulations! Another scientific pal here that turned into web developer =). Keep the great job!

1 Like

That is awesome @LMWBXR! Your story is very encouraging! I too am changing careers and seeking to become a developer as well. I’ve worked in the same industry (finance) for nearly 10 years and I feel like I’ve hit a brick wall and cannot grow anymore. I have always been fascinated by information technology and now I spend 1-2 hours per day practicing the coding challenges on FCC. I’m also setting goals to take the next steps in getting connected with other programmers/future programmers to help keep me accountable. I’m happy to see people like yourself who have hit these milestones and I’m looking forward to being there myself too. Best of luck to you in your new career and congratulations!

1 Like

Any updates on what happened, what you learned, etc? Are you still there at the same company?

@friscodisco

Definitely still at the same company. I have been non-stop learning and LOVING remote work. Things are crazy, I have been doing tech support and learning software relating to where I work. Also using and learning Git and using github, Linux and using my basic html/css and javascript. I am taking a full course load in CS and training for boxing competition.

Lots of late nights, and even more reading. The more I learn the higher I can go at my current job so it is a great motivator.

I’m loving it so far. Thanks for asking.

This is awesome, congrats on the new job! I’m currently finishing a pre-physical therapy/kinesiology degree (goal is to get into Physical Therapy school or head into the ortho-nursing route) but I also want to learn coding so that I can engage/help out in the tech side of healthcare. I’ll definitely have to keep you in mind while I attempt to learn this stuff and integrate it into my knowledge of healthcare (although I’m a complete novice).

Any advice/suggestions you have would also be greatly appreciated!

1 Like