I have 300 euros to invest in myself. What should I spend it on?

For the last 6 months I learn every day for 3,5 hours to get better in mainly javascript,html5,css,npm,dom ect.

My dream project is to use pug, express, nodejs, mongodb and the aforementioned technologies to create a real world website.

My work offers me 300 euros to spend on whatever I want. I’m not a developer at work, but that doesn’t matter.

Everything I currently use is free of charge or a maximum of 3 euros per month.

How can I best invest the money in my developer’s future?

1 Like

Most of your technologies have a wealth of free tutorial material available, but if you want to expand your knowledge to other frameworks like Angular or React, Udemy courses are a decent thing to spend your extra cash on. If you wait for a sale (they have them regularly), you can get courses for $10USD a pop.

Save it. Don’t spend a dime. All the courses on almost everything related to web development is free. Learn as much as you can from free resources and there are tonnes of them which we won’t be able to finish it in our life time (even if the playback speed is 2X)
Keep the money aside for a rainy day.

Hi iamathinker,

Thank you for the reply.

Thing is. I have to spend in for the end of the year. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, even than i have 250 euro left. :slight_smile:

In that case spend on something with which you can further generate revenue. Like registering a domain name and creating a website using wordpress and or shopify. Since you have till the end of the year learn these and build an ecommerce website.

Stretch your capabilities then. Perhaps take a functional programming course (also currently on sale). There’s also some physical books available like Introduction to Algorithms that are still unparalleled by most online material. Another great book that will challenge even experienced programmers is Daily Coding Problem. Be sure to subscribe to the mailing list too at dailycodingproblem.com