I have a 2 hour interview next week, how can I prepare?

So I applied for a Jr Front End Level position and was told by the interviewer to expect to be there for 2 hours. I don’t know what to think nor how to prepare. Any had a similar experience? I don’t know what to expect.

1 Like

Here are some questions I would be ready to answer:

What did you learn yesterday/this week?
What excites or interests you about coding?
Explain some of the pros and cons for CSS animations versus JavaScript animations.
Name 3 ways to decrease page load (perceived or actual load time).
What is the difference between classes and IDs in CSS?*
What is the CSS “box model”.*
In CSS What is the difference between display none vs hidden.
How would you approach fixing browser-specific styling issues?
What does * { box-sizing: border-box; } do? What are its advantages?
What’s the difference between a variable that is: null, undefined or undeclared?*
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Ajax?
Explain how JSONP works (and how it’s not really Ajax).
Explain “hoisting”.*
What is the difference between == and ===?*
How can you declare a class in Javascript?

What type of company is it going to be? (design/software/startup?) That might also be a factor in the style of questions they ask!

Like if it’s more design focused it’ll be mostly around accessibility and css gotchyas, whilst if it’s software you can presume it’ll be heavily focused on JavaScript.

Ask questions! The more you ask questions the less time they can grill you and the more interested you will look :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You should look at this:

I was on interview last week, so I can tell u something.

No one ask me about my past, what would I like to do in future. They ask me to do some thinks at bootstrap page. Why carousel don’t work, why some button is not “clickable”. At last I have to code Login-Page. Its all.

Good luck

3 Likes

Well I can also say I was recently asked a lot of questions about my relevant experience and past as well as where I would like to be in the future so it really depends on the company. So I definitely wouldn’t ignore these aspects.

1 Like

Amazing guys, thanks for your comments!

Good luck! Let us know how you get on :smile: May the force be with you!

2 Likes