I have problems with TwitchTv api project with getJSON and async

I have problems with TwitchTv api project with getJSON and async

Sorry for my bad english. I am using a translator hoping you can understand me.

As I said in the header, when I try to create my html code in javascript the getJSON have not loaded the info needed to create the html code. I have read about it and I think is about async and I already tried to use callbacks but I couldn’t fix the problem.

I write my code here so you can check it.

$(document).ready(function(){
  var channels = ["ESL_SC2", "OgamingSC2", "cretetion", "freecodecamp", "storbeck", "habathcx", "RobotCaleb", "noobs2ninjas"];
  getChannelsNames();

function getChannelsNames(){
    var myHtml = "", status = "Offline";

channels.forEach(function(channel, callback){
      $.getJSON("https://wind-bow.glitch.me/twitch-api/streams/" + channel, function(json){
        status = onlineStatus(json);
        myHtml += infoChannels(channel, status);
      }).fail(function(){
        console.log("Error");
        myHtml += infoChannels(channel, status);
      });
    });
    $(".channels").html(myHtml);
  }

function onlineStatus(json){
    if(json.stream){
      return json.stream.game;
    } else {
      return "Offline";
    }
  }

function infoChannels(channel, status){
    return "<div class='row'><div class='col-12 col-md-4 bg-info'>" + channel + "</div><div class='col-12 col-md-8 bg-primary text-center'>" + status + "</div></div>";
  }
});

The problem is in getChannelsNames() function. Notice at the end of this function I try to create a html code but the info is still not loaded because the getJSON is executed later. So $(".channels").html(myHtml); doesn’t create the html code.

I hope you can understand my problem.

Add a console.log(myHtml) between channels.forEach() and $(".channels").html(myHtml);
If your not getting anything, chances is that $(".channels").html(myHtml); did not wait until the loop is complete. You’ll have to work around with putting the code inside $.getJSON() and tell to append for each loop.

It works inside the getJSON but I don’t think that be the right way because it updates the content in every forEach. It worked with $ajax instead of getJSON and I had to use async:false. I would like to do it with async because in the future maybe I will need to know how to do it in that way.

What you have to do is to perform all the actions inside the getJSON rather to call out functions like onlineStatus() and infoChannels()

And Do I have to perform $(".channels").html(myHtml); inside getJSON too?? I can do it but is this the right way to do it??

If your code is still like it is above, then yes, you need to perform the $(".channels").html(myHtml); inside the $.getJSON callback function.