If you are an entry level software developer with no work experience related to software engineering what are usually your salary requirements

If you are an entry level software developer with no work experience related to software engineering what are usually your salary requirements

I really like to know what were your initial salary requirements for your first software developer job

The answers to this question are going to depend on the skill set you can bring to the table and the location of the person, so the numbers may may not be comparable to your situation.

3 Likes

I’d recommend not caring about money and just get the experience any way you can. If you’re ever lucky enough to be given options, focus on the work you get to do and under what conditions you get to do it. Any kind of a minimum salary will get you by with no experience so I wouldn’t even bother factoring it into any kind of equation. Also, don’t bring it up at any interview you may be lucky enough to get.

If you love what you do, the money will eventually come.
It really depends what you know already, and what will be required of you to learn.

The above post (by RandellDawson) is absolutely true, but I’d add that there’s actually a minimum you shouldn’t go below either, which is $40K. No developer job anywhere in the US should be paying any less than that, unless it’s part-time or for something like a student internship.

Try looking up salaries on Glassdoor for companies in your area.

50-90k for Junior level depending on credentials and talent