I'm about to finish my Front End Certification. I've got some ideas about what to do next.What do you think of them?

I'm about to finish my Front End Certification. I've got some ideas about what to do next.What do you think of them?

Hello! As I said, I almost did that. So, what I think I should do next: I need a real experience, make real websites with sliders,animation effects etc…

Because for an employer it doesn’t matter how many certificates you have or how many challenges you have gone through, there’re 2 things which matter - Can you make websites or not? How many technologies (js,jquery,sass etc) and programs(Photoshop,WordPress,Sketch etc)can you use? Do you think I’m right?

So after finishing the certification, I want to make a landing page from scratch(from psd to html/css then to wordpress) for my friend, she’s a businesswoman. I want to learn how to make sliders,pop up windows and galleries on my own, I mean without using built-in WordPress plugins for the website, I want to improve my HTML and CSS skills, and my main goal is to make a responsive website for all devices.

Then, I want to make about 10-15 websites for my portfolio page and register on LinkedIn and stuff like that to start looking for a junior front-end developer vacancy.

I know that I can mistake, don’t judge too strictly, I just want to get feedback, what do you think about all this? Am I going in the right direction and what shall I add(programming languages,skills,best places to find the job)?.

P.S. I have also plans for back-end, but I want to become a front-end developer first.

If you haven’t made your own website, then go ahead and do that immediately! That was my first big project and it taught me a ton about hosting (important knowledge for any web developer). You can use all your front-end skills and show them off there.

Next big thing after that would be to learn a popular front-end framework like Angular or Reactjs and do your next project in that framework. I learned Reactjs and am doing the FCC front-end projects purely in Reactjs from scratch.

I know you said you’re prioritizing front-end stuff over backend for now, but I do advise you to do the “learnyounode” challenges and know how npm and Nodejs works because they are important tools to front-end developers these days.

And keep doing projects and challenge yourself to be fancy.

Goodluck!

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it. I heard about the frameworks and I want to learn them too, but what do you think of the way I suggested?

Because learning frameworks takes much time and I think it’s time to do something real,but if you just study,study and study without a real practice it is no more than a hobby. May be it’d better start with everything I got from the FCC front-end certification for now?