Im coding again after almost 20yrs! Would be great to have some feedback on my first project(freecodecamp)

Hello you all, back to 1999 when I was 11 my uncle gave to me a HTML textbook and I got fascinated about it, after 1 or 2 years playing with HTML on the notepad and struggling to put it online I just gave up and started doing other things. When I grew up I was ‘obligated’ to study a lot of things that I didn’t like and now with almost 30years old I have the opportunity to change my life and became a Web Developer, what I really want to be since always.

Anyway, I started with the FreeCodeCamp few days ago and finished my first project, it would be great for me to have some feedback on it. I just designed to desktop view (I’ll make a responsive one on the next project for sure)

Ayrton Senna Tribute Page

Thanks for your attention!!

2 Likes

Hey @LealBruno! Awesome to hear you’re getting back into the development field. Unfortunately your codepen link is giving a 404 error. I’d love to take a look at your project though!

Hey @dlyons thanks for your repply! Please check if you can see it now, cheers!!

I totally can and it looks great! Very clean, good flow to the content. I really enjoy your use of just a simple white background and larger images. Gives it a very open and spacious sort of feeling. Love your font choice for the section titles.

I know you mentioned that you haven’t worked on the responsive end just yet so I’ll leave that out. I think the one major thing I would suggest is tweaking your biography section. Now, I love the large image, I love where you have it next to the bio. It’s just that bottom left corner of text gets obscured by Ayrton. And I have a feeling as you start to code down to smaller and smaller viewports that’s going to be more of a problem.

It’s totally up to you, but I would personally try turning down the opacity on “.senna” maybe with opacity: 0.5; or opacity: 0.4; if you want to go a bit lighter. Bolding the font might help bring it out even more as well. But play around with that and see what you like.

Other than that, I’d maybe add a touch of a bottom margin on the images in the memorable moments section. Just to give the text below a little breathing room.

Excellent tribute page @LealBruno, I can definitely see you put a ton of work and thought into it :smile: