I'm developing a p2p file discovery and sharing platform in Golang

I'm developing a p2p file discovery and sharing platform in Golang

TL;DR
Developing an open-source p2p file discovery and sharing tool in Golang with the frontend in Java. Check it out here - https://github.com/gravetii/diztl

Hi guys,

So, I’m sure most of you here have heard of Apex DC++. I’ve used it in college and I must say it’s a pretty impressive and useful tool that works seamlessly to share and download files. Ever since then, I’ve always wanted to create something similar. After a lot of procrastination, I finally started working on the project.

The goal was to develop something that people in hostels or startup companies can use to find files of interest on other’s computers. It’s still far away from a completed product, but that’s only because I have a long list of features in the pipeline. Right now, a decent version of the product is already developed.

There are some more details in the README.md file of the project and so I’m not going to be verbose about it here.

If you’re interested in knowing more about the implementation, feel free to drop a comment and I’ll get back to you. There’s also a gitter channel that I keep looking at from time to time (mentioned in the README); you are welcome to drop a message there if that works for you.

I’ve spent quite a good deal of time on working on this project, so I wish to get some feedback from the programming community, and hence I’ve posted it here. So, please let me know what you think.

Cheers!