Importing from Google

Question- I had put h2{ font-family:Lobster;} underneath the link and the code didn’t work but when I moved it below the .red-text then it worked. Why is that?

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/basic-css/import-a-google-font

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

first, you are not following this: (the bold added by me for emphasis)

To do this, copy the following code snippet and paste it into the top of your code editor (before the opening style element):

as you are not using correct syntax, the browser is doing its best to interpret things - and things broke. Use correct syntax and it will work in both ways.

if you need extra help, you can always ask again!

never stop asking!

anyway, the incongruent thing you found seems to be a case of misplaced things that break how things are displayed on the page. If you try putting the <link> outside of the <style> tag does it still
happen?