Imposter syndrome and struggle

Did any of you ever have that feeling that you are halfway through the JavaScript Curriculum and you still feel you did not learn anything yet?

Ulrich

2 Likes

I personally liked Jonas Schmedtmann’s JavaScript course on Udemy a lot. I learned quite a bit. Also, once I took most of that course, I was able to better understand the MDN Javascript documentation, which you I recommend you should check out next.

Get “Headfirst Javascript”. It’s a wonderful book. The curriculum here for javascript teaches concepts, but yes, you need other resources to help you bring it all together.

1 Like

I believe you are conflating a lack of mastery with a lack of learning.

You have probably learned many things - but only long and repeated practice of those new skills will bring true mastery. That will likely take years - for all of us. Keep the faith.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys for your advice.

@monroemann, thanks for mentioning that book. Reviews on Amazon sound promising, so I ordered it yesterday . Looking forward to reading it.

I already own “Javascript & Jquery” by Jon Duckett, which really helps me to understand Javascript, but it is not enough. My mind struggles with this programming language because I’m not able to create images in my mind of what I’m doing, like I do without much effort now with HTML and CSS. I hope the “Headfirst Javascript” will help me to overcome this problem.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I feel when I focus exclusively on doing tutorials. Once I started building apps of my own, that feeling attenuated on its own.

1 Like