Improve Compatibility with Browser Fallbacks...am confuse here ..someone should please help me out

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<style>
  :root {
    --red-color: red;
  }
  .red-box {

background: var(--red-color);
    height: 200px;
    width:200px;
  }
</style>
<div class="red-box"></div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36 OPR/62.0.3331.43.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-css/improve-compatibility-with-browser-fallbacks

What is going on? What are you trying to do? What part do you need help with? What errors are you experiencing? What else have you tried while attempting to solve the problem?

i tried removing background: var(–red-color);

This challenge does not ask you to remove anything. It asks you to add something.

It looks like a variable is being used to set the background color of the .red-box class. Let’s improve our browser compatibility by adding another background declaration right before the existing declaration and set its value to red.

i tried putting … background-color: red; right on top background: var(-red-color);

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<style>
  :root {
    --red-color: red;
  }
  .red-box {

background: red ;
    height: 200px;
    width:200px;

}
</style>
<div class="red-box"></div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36 OPR/62.0.3331.43.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-css/improve-compatibility-with-browser-fallbacks

i have put it back. so pls what’s next ?

Just read the challenge instruction carefully…
“add another background declaration right before the existing declaration and set its value to red”

am sorry to say but that’s where am confuse

Please do not create multiple topics for the same question. Your other topics have been merged into this one.

sorry abt that
but i haven’t completed the task yet

so, what is your last code? (please don’t open a new thread, post it here)
So we can help based on last changes you made

@ilenia. thanks for your concern but i’ve got it now