In "Use a CSS Class to Style an Element", I have to copy/paste the exact same code I wrote from forum for it to work

In "Use a CSS Class to Style an Element", I have to copy/paste the exact same code I wrote from forum for it to work

Tell us what’s happening:

I typed <h2> class=“red-text”>CatPhotoApp, and I get class=“red-text”>CatPhotoApp on the screen.
I copy/paste <h2> class=“red-text”>… from forum, and it works perfectly.

I typed class=“red-text”>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.
I copy/paste the exact same thing from the forum, and it works perfectly.

How the hell am I supposed to learn anything if I’m just copying/pasting the correct answer so the site will move me onward?

Your code so far

<style>
  h2 {
    color: blue;
  }
</style>

<h2> class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p> class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.113 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into the forum, remember to precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

The exercise is wanting you to to change the existing:

<style>
  h2 {
    color: blue;
  }
</style>

to

<style>
  .red-text {
    color: red;
  }
</style>

and then change:

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

to

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

Anything else besides what I show above should not be passing.

The whole problem starts with that line of yours right there, the paired asterisks are from me pointing out the error that caused your code to fail.

The same mistake is repeated in your paragraph as well.

Actually, when I moved from google chrome to internet explorer, it ALL worked.