Introduction to HTML

Hello everyone i an new to coding , i have tried this for the sixth time, please help me out:

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->
  <main>  
         <p> Children kitty ipsum  dolor sit amet       jumpeat the  grass rip the couch                   scratched sunbathe shed everywhere               rip the couch sleepin the sin                      fluffy fur catnip                                 scratched</p>
  </main> 
  <!--

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

The `main` element should have two paragraph elements as children.
So both paragraph elements should be placed within the main opening and closing tags

1 Like

You have a little bit of html cleanup to do. those --> and <!-- are causing an unexpected hiccup.

Re read the criteria just one more time. Go ahead and press the reset all code button and start over just once more.

1. Create a second p element with the following text inside: Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.
  2. Make sure that there is a closing tag on each p tag. </p>
  3. Wrap both <p> elements with a <main> element. It should look like this:
<main>
<p>...</p>
<p>...</p>
</main>

Make sure there are closing tags.

1 Like

Thanks, this worked, still confused with "paragraph element as children’.
am very new to programming.

how do i go about the paragraph children, do i write children down?

I am happy to help, and welcome to programming! The great thing about programming is that it is actually more simple than you think. Our job as programmers is to write instructions to a computer, and computers are actually not as smart as humans initially believe. As languages evolved we strayed away from the complexity of writing a series of 0s and 1s. Most languages that we write are meant to make sense. Because of that, the vocabulary in programming typically makes sense to us humans.

You can think of it just like a family when you hear words like parent and child.

In the previous example we had a parent element with two children elements.

<main> <!-- Parent Element -->
<p> <!-- Child Element --> </p> 
<p> <!-- Child Element --> </p> 
</main>

Happy coding!

Parenti and child elements are implemented though nesting. An element (parent) defines a block of code (a nest) inside it the children are contained (nested)

Or as metaphor

3 Likes

This is harder than i thought , i have done all instructed above,
main>

‘’‘Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, everywhere rip the couch sleep in the couch sink fluffy fur catnip scratched’’’.

help me insert the child element and let me take my correction.

samw problem i’m having. I am unable to wrap the paragraph

yes I got it, in the <h1> just type <main> and closing will be </main>. yippee