Introduction to HTML5 Elements 12

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<main>
    <p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched     sunbathe, shed everwhere rip the couch sleep in the       sink fluffy fur catnip scratched<p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/17.17134.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements/

Pretty close!

Make sure you are wrapping the first paragraph inside your <main> element as well.

1 Like

can you show me what I did wrong?

Put your first paragraph element inside main element.

1 Like

@cartagena You must put both of your <p> tags inside the <main> tag. Also, you forgot to close your second <p> tag.

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<main>
    <p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched     sunbathe, shed everwhere rip the couch sleep in the       sink fluffy fur catnip scratched</p>
</main>

im still not getting it can you show me what it looks like

for the elements you are using, they all need a closing tag as well as an opening tag: <p> is opening, and </p> is closing. Worst case scenario, you can copy and paste the following code as a test to make sure it’s working

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<main>

<p> Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

If the following code works, I suggest going over your own answer to find any difference that could tell you what you did wrong. If it continues to fail try to reset the code, refresh the page and possibly use another browser in case their is a more technical issue.

Also I recommend not creating several threads for the same issue. It’s better for everyone if you create just one thread, and wait for responses! Hope this helped :slight_smile:

I did that but its still not working

so how can i block indent on here i'v tried every thing

You don’t have to block indents here. That’s unnecessary. The above code works by @Kyle-S-Thompson works, try to do what he says.