Introduction to HTML5 Elements-Stuck on main Element

Tell us what’s happening:
This is such a newb question, I’m certain of it. However, I don’t want to get stuck this early on so figured I’d see if someone could help me out. I keep getting the below errors when trying to get past this lesson.

Your code should have one main element. (I thought was my main element)
The main element should have two paragraph elements as children. ( does have 2 paragraphs)
The opening main tag should come before the first paragraph tag. ( comes before first paragraph)
The closing main tag should come after the second closing paragraph tag. ( does come after the 2nd paragraph).

I can only assume that is not a main element. Can anyone provide some guidance on what I’m doing wrong?

Your code so far

<header>
<h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</header>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.75 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elementsPreformatted text

“main element” looks like this:

<main>
</main>

Are you sure you have it?

TY, I’m going to try that now

You’re awesome, thank you for such a quick response.

no problem. It is a common question on the forum.
Another tip for you, since you’re a newbie, likely every hiccup you will experience has already been asked and answered on the forum. If you use the search icon (looks like a magnifying glass) in the forum navigation menu above, you can easily find others who have posed the question and received answers and likely the answers can help you. (just watch out to look for topics that were posted recently, you don’t want to read very old stuff if you can help it)

1 Like