Introduction to HTML5 Elements what am i doing wrong

Introduction to HTML5 Elements what am i doing wrong

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<main>
    <p> Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched</p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/17.17134.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

I think both p tags need to be inside the main tag.

I tried that its something else

Put both paragraphs inside the main
code

Hi there, try to reset the code and copy and paste this:

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<main>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<p> Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

If it doesn’t pass, try refreshing the browser or using an alternative one. If it does work, I suggest you go back to the problem, and compare your answer to the one included here. Hope it helps!

that still didn’t work I think maybe this website doesn’t want me to learn or am I writing it at a time Im not supposed too

If you can provide some screenshots of the page before you run the test and after, it will help in solving the issue for you!

Example:
Once you have copied and pasted one of the answers included in this thread, click the run test button.

If it fails to pass you, provide a screenshot of your code, as well as the following section here:
test
It should detail why the code is not passing the test.

Hello cartagena. So this is working for me:

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<main>

<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

Could you try using a different browser? Like, if you are using firefox, the chrome or viceversa. Also, clicking on “Reset All Code” may help.

Just relax and challenge yourself, don’t give up, reset the code and copy/paste the code that ManuAlvarado22 has shared

how did you do that i dont understand The main element should have two paragraph elements as children.

If this section of your page says the following:
try

It means that both <p> elements are not inside the opening and closing main tags: <main> and <main>. Remember to take your time, and pay attention to all the details in the code you have written. If you are still stuck, click the button named Watch a Video on the left side of the screen, and follow that carefully. Also again, try to copy and paste the code answers given above in different browsers to see if that works.

it worked i just dont know what i did wrong but i also switched to modzilla

The simplest reason for it not working tends to be the right one: Being there was likely an error on your end. Not trying to make you feel bad, we have all been there, and continue to get stuck regardless of skill level or knowledge. A single misplaced or misused character can be the difference between getting stuck and passing. Happy coding, don’t give up!

Sometimes it is also hard for me to understand why i am not passing the tests.

Do not worry, this is part of being a developer, we make mistakes all the time, seriously, and it is always a bit frustrating/discouraging, but making mistakes is also how we learn.

If you enjoy web development please do not give up and enjoy this, because it is a beautiful thing to do, with tons of opportunities.

Happy learning!