Is it necessary to use the MDN documentation for the Technical Documentation project?

I started a project based on the thinking that we could do any kind of technical documentation, but now it turns out that the tests need code tags. This is a nuisance since I was making a webpage copy of an old film camera manual. Is it mandatory that the TD be about something code-related?

I mean, so long as you have code tags, you could probably spin it for some other purpose. If you’ve already sunk a lot of hours, If you can wing the code tags, then do so. I’d be angered if I learned that I had to use code tags close to the end of the process.

1 Like

I didn’t want to simply copy MDN’s docs and the example project, so I looked around and spotted the old camera manual lying around. I’ve spent a few hours on this, initially I made the page structure in a certain manner in the WebMaker Chrome extension (very useful BTW), then I saw that the tests needed a structure wholly different from what I had made and so I deleted that. Then I started again, going test by test to ensure compatibility, until I hit this code tag snag. That’ll learn me to start a project without reading all of the tests.
You’re right though, I’ll just use the code tag for something else.

1 Like