Is it okay to start with the Back End Cert?

I am not an artistic person nor am I creative. I do not enjoy trying to build out a website from scratch. What makes me motivated is being able to code the back end of things and make stuff happen behind the scenes. I see a lot of people getting their Front End certs because they are following the order of FCC, but can I just skip that part? I know there is nothing from preventing me from doing so, but I really just wanted to get everyone’s opinion.

Will I be missing out on key knowledge that will hurt my skill development? Is knowing the Front End critical to coding stuff for the Back End?

Please let me know what your thoughts are, I could really use some perspective. Thank you all!

If you don’t know basic HTML and CSS, you’re not going to be able to complete it. You’re also going to need to know JS fairly well to be comfortable with the back end stuff, as Node, Express, MongoDB, etc. are all in JS.

In the back end cert, you end up building full stack apps, so you need a front end to make the back end relevant.

I see. Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I guess I’ll find a way to power through the Front End. I guess if push comes to shove I can always just make the stuff functional and not worry too much about the design aspects. Thanks for the reply.

That’s the right move! Don’t worry about making it pixel perfect amazing design. I do not have any design sense but I try to replicate designs I like, make it functional and usable but concentrate on making awesome back end! If that what’s you are into :slight_smile: