Is it possible to get a job by working holiday visa?

Hello, I’m Korean who works as software developer(esp web and devops, data anaylisis).
I wonder it’s a possible way to get a job as a foreigner in other countries with a working holiday visa.

I’ve found few people who works as freelancer or remote job but i’m not sure is there anyone who got a permanent job started with working holiday visa.

I worked SE for 1year ++ but, later on i want to try to immigrate somewhere else for my carrer. how do you think?

Yes, you could probably do this here in Australia. Working visas last one year: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/417- and (afaik) there are no limits on the type of work you can do, but you can only work for each employer for 6 months. If you liked it and wanted to stay, you would need to find a company to sponsor you or apply for one of the permanent visas. If a company likes you, they will generally be prepared to sponsor you.

I’m not sure anyone could get a job as permanant with sponsered visa. I’ve seen many korean devs tries to get skilled worker immigration, but over years and years it changes difficult. 60 to 65+ qualification with tables seems not easy at all. But i would like to try work as developer in other countries in my youth. Thank you for your information.

A permanent job is different from a permanent residence visa. If you’re sponsored for a job then it would be a permanent job, meaning there is no imposed limit on how long it can last, and you would stay for the duration of your employment. If you change jobs, you have to have the new employer sponsor you too, but the answer to your original question is ‘yes’ - there are lots of people here who got a permanent job starting with a working holiday visa.

I’m not sure what you mean by “60 to 65+ qualification with tables” - I assume you mean the points scores for the various visa classes?. There are lots of different ways to qualify and lots of different visas. In my experience, most people who want to move here and show a commitment to the country are ultimately successful.

1 Like

thanks a lot, i should start within my 20s. the 60 to 65+ table means the EOI visa invitation(https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/what-is-an-expression-of-interest)