When learning something, concepts can be in the following categories:
- Things you know you know
- Things you know you don’t know
- Things you dont know you dont know
FreeCodeCamp helps you with these in the following way:
- Make sure correctly understand the things you think you know
- Provide you hints and tests to move the things you know you don’t know into the things you know you know
- Present you things that you might not know that you didn’t know, therefore moving them into the things you know you don;t know, and later in the things you know you know
As a newbie in software development, concepts that are in the 3rd category are a real bottleneck that you would slowly find while doing projects, FreeCodeCamp is a repository of all these concepts presented to you in a reasonably good order.
That being said, FCC provides the bare minimum of information to move concepts from one category to another.Their hints (links to documentation and medium posts) on the other hand are really good at this, together with their challenges ,Read-Search-Ask attitude and incredibly useful youtube videos.
I hope my badly articulated view of what FCC provides will help you see this great platform in a better way for your own development.