Javascript Calculator Blowing my Brains Off

I’m almost two weeks in the project and still can’t pass all challenges. Tried my own code, restarted 3 times. (200 - 300 lines of code: very ugly if else spaghetti) It was tiring, but I was learning by practicing. Then I reached that point I said, ‘Ok, time to see some tutorial about this.’

Found a couple. The src code are much cleaner, but not complete. The result was the same as what I was getting with my own code, if not actually worse.

At this point, I think I’ll start over - again. With my own code. I think I got some new insights, by watching those tutorials.

I like this feeling. The difficulty of trying to learn something, getting to the edge of almost wanting to give up. I recognize that I’ve been here before and failed. It’s a very challenging phase. Hopefully, this time, with more perseverance and more learning, I break through - this time around.

2 Likes

I’m working on it too. It’s very hard! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Let me know if you need any help.

I just checked out my old project and I see they updated the tests so I’m going to work on mine as well!

1 Like

Haha yes that one is very difficult. So much logic. You got it though! As long as you don’t quit haha.

1 Like

lol. your name says it all. :smiley:

1 Like

yeah. I know i haven’t gotten this far before. a few years back I did the challenges and some projects and don’t quite remember this. there were no frameworks and backend stuff. So I’m excited when I saw how much was added. I restarted all my progress.

Thanks for the kind gesture. I’ll try hard, and ask questions if needed. might make a separate post for that though.

1 Like

Thanks mate! :smiley:

1 Like