**[JavaScript (ES6)] Syntax Tips//help me to solve it!

Tell us what’s happening:

Example

For param1 = 1 and param2 = 2 , the output should be
add(param1, param2) = 3 .

Input/Output

• [execution time limit] 4 seconds (js)
  • [input] integer param1 Guaranteed constraints:
    -1000 ≤ param1 ≤ 1000 .
  • [input] integer param2 Guaranteed constraints:
    -1000 ≤ param2 ≤ 1000 .
  • [output] integer
    • The sum of the two inputs.

Your code so far

var catName;
var quote;
function catTalk() {
"use strict";

catName = "Oliver";
quote = catName + " says Meow!";

}
catTalk();

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.149 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Explore Differences Between the var and let Keywords

Link to the challenge:

your description doesn’t correspond to the challenge you have posted. If you want to ask about the challenge, please explain

if you want to ask about something different don’t include a challenge link please

there’s is not much congrats on I may be wrong but it seems to be saying that the function should output the number resulting from the sum of the two arguments
so that if the you call the function as add(1, 2) it should give 3 (as in the result of 1+2)

• [input] integer param1 Guaranteed constraints:
    -1000 ≤ param1 ≤ 1000 .
  • [input] integer param2 Guaranteed constraints:
    -1000 ≤ param2 ≤ 1000 .
  • [output] integer
    • The sum of the two inputs.

This seems to be exceptionally basic JavaScript. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with either the title of your post or the linked FCC challenge. This is extremely confusing for anyone reading your posts.

While we are primarily here to help people with their Free Code Camp progress, we are open to people on other paths, too. Some of what you are asking is pretty trivial in the Free Code Camp context, so you might find that if you’re not getting the instruction and material you need in your current studies, the FCC curriculum will really help you get started. At a modest guess I’d say investing a 4-5 hours working through the curriculum here will really pay off. You can find the curriculum at https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn.

With your current questions, we don’t have enough context to know what you already know or don’t know, so it is impossible to guide you without just telling you the answer (which we won’t do).

It is pretty typical on here for people to share a codepen / repl.it / jsfiddle example of what they have tried so that anyone helping has more of an idea of what help is actually helpful.

Please provide some example of what you’ve tried and I’m sure you’ll get more help.

Happy coding :slight_smile:

thank you for ur advice