Javascript for Webdesign?

I don’t know if this was asked before, but… I want to learn Javascript for specifically Web Design…and not Front-end Development.

While I am going through the basic Javascript part of the FCC curriculum, I want to know if there are any resources people use that focuses on the web-design aspect? I’ve checked a few sites out, but most of them don’t really explain things from the very beginning.

I do want to learn the fundamentals of JS, obviously, but I don’t want to go deep into Web Development.

According to google: While web design is the way a website looks, front end development is how that design actually gets implemented on the web . Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to code the website and web app designs created by web designers . … Skillcrush is launching a Front End Developer Blueprint!

Now we made that clear you are clearly asking to do more then just design a page here if designing was all you wanted to do then you should look into design tools such as Adobe XD, PS etc

While I am going through the basic Javascript part of the FCC curriculum, I want to know if there are any resources people use that focuses on the web-design aspect? I’ve checked a few sites out, but most of them don’t really explain things from the very beginning.

You seem to confuse different things together. As for front-end development is what you are trying to do here. I hope this make it clear.
HTML are the bones
CSS is the skin
JS is the muscles that make the whole body work

Thank you for the clarification!
I guess I was a little confused because lately I’ve noticed that there is a distinction between “Front End Developers” who know Javascript and “Web Designers” who know Javascript in career sites. I thought that there would be a difference to it…

My guess is that you are just seeing poorly worded job postings. I can’t think of any way that JavaScript would be part of a design job except that you can design something better if you understand how it works. If a job requires JavaScript, it probably includes development.

4 Likes

JavaScript web design
Featured snippet from the web
Web designers can improve their skill sets and job prospects by getting comfortable with JavaScript. It’s the only scripting language for client-side programming—for doing things that would be impossible with HTML and CSS alone—and is increasingly popular for server-side programming, too.

1 Like

JavaScript is actually INTENDED to be for websites in the first place. It’s job is for INTERACTIVITY. That’s how websites have buttons that does something cool.That’s why it has an API called the DOM API. This is basically a way to access the HTML element DOM. As far as I know, FCC does not have any DOM Api courses, but it has jQuery Courses that is a JavaScript library for accessing the DOM easier. Nowadays, there is a way to use JavaScript for Web-Design, but it is tedious. That’s why we have CSS in the first place.

1 Like

@Impkeys I edited your post removing the link. Do not spam the forum or you will be suspended or banned, thank you.

JavaScript is a programming language that lets web developers design interactive sites. Most of the dynamic behavior you’ll see on a web page is thanks to JavaScript, which augments a browser’s default controls and behaviors.As a client-side programming language, JavaScript helps web developers to make web pages dynamic and interactive by implementing custom client-side scripts.

WebDesignHacker’s JavaScript Editor Kit is a great resource for beginners, advanced developers, and developers in between. If you are a professional looking for a streamlined code-development environment, then I highly recommend checking this project out.

JavaScript helps web developers to make web pages dynamic and interactive by implementing custom client-side scripts. So, you can learn javascript from Codecademy.

Hi Clara, Were can I find this resource cant seem to find it anywhere?