Job hunting is exhausting

I’ve been going at it nonstop for the past month. I’m always usually excited whenever I send off a new application or get an interview / technical test, but these past couple of days I’ve just been feeling too burned out to feel anything. I feel like I’m not in the right state of mind to job hunt and I just find recruiter phone calls more of a nuisance more than anything at the moment, especially when they flood me with messages and technical tests for roles that I haven’t been fully informed about. I turned down a technical test last night because it was for a role I wasn’t fully comfortable with and I felt the recruiter was being overly pushy to get me to complete the technical test, something I didn’t particularly enjoy. Anyway, I’ll get back to things at my own pace when I have more energy.

I just find it interesting how we don’t realise how mentally taxing job hunting actually is on top of all the actual coding and project building. It is only after a while that it just takes its toll…

This Easter break has given me a few days to slow down and recuperate and I hope you all have a moment to sit back recharge every now and then.

2 Likes

I agree. Job hunting is the worst.