Join an open-source community

Join an open-source community

Same concerns as you, haha. I see familiar faces in the OrgManager project.

I found this:
“OrgManager takes Github Organizations to a new level! We require the org:admin permission to send invites to your users, but remember that you can revoke that permission when you want, and that we won’t do anything without your permission.”

@m1guelpf, What does it mean by “send invites to your users”? Do we already need users?

I’d like to know to, honestly. I just gave admin access to my organization

I run an org to, and want to know how this processes my orgs data without compromising the privacy or safety of my volunteers…hence my question

First, if you don’t want to trust your data blindly to the app (something that I wouldn’t do :smile:) the app is OSS, so you can check the code here.

Could you explain what it does exactly?

OrgManager allows you to create a “portal” where users can apply to your GitHub org and be auto-invited, or you can also set a password.

Did you create this??

Yep :smile:

I guess I’ll trust it. Your extensive github use, membership of reputable orgs, it’s OSS, etc. lead me to trust… Which really might not be good… this is how people get pwned, lol.

So we don’t need users? How does it work, and can a user of the project join other organizations, as well allow people to join theirs?

Yeah, I’m in 3 orgs myself.

It makes it easier to assign someone to work on a feature if they are in your org, among other things.

So we don’t need users? How does it work, and can a user of the project join other organizations, as well allow people to join theirs?

Well, OrgManager providers the portal, getting users is your job. We simply make things easier by letting you share a link to join instead of asking GitHub username, waiting for a response, sending invitation…

Oh, I see. Very convenient. Thanks!

Have you considered rolling in a similar process for handling Trello and Slack invites with the same one off / one page solution?

That’s a related PITA :slight_smile:

Have you considered rolling in a similar process for handling Trello and Slack invites with the same one off / one page solution?

There are already existing solutions for Slack/Trello, but if you want, you can open an issue in the issue tracker and I’ll look into it :smile:

That’s a related PITA :slight_smile:

What’s a PITA? (Sorry, not english native)

UK/Aus : Pain in the arse.

US: Pain in the ass.

Same sentiment, regardless of continent :slight_smile: