Jumpstarting careers alongside FCC

Jumpstarting careers alongside FCC

So I’ve been beefing up my JS fundamentals with Udacity courses, MOOCs, and books like Eloquent Javascript. I’m anxious to start a career in technology, but I still have a long way to go from my unpredictable and often tiring job as a delivery driver. I was wondering if other campers and mods might have ideas or stories about how their growing tech skills helped them get jobs while they studied Computer Science and web development.

Follow this category - “I Got a Developer Job”

Okay, thanks!
I think what I meant to say was that I’m trying to figure out what jobs or career tracks I could get started on right now while I build my skills. I’m not exactly a designer, so I’d have to come into the field another way.

It depends on what you know till now. I can share my story with you. I am working in a startup. I know some Python and built an app using Python micro-framework Flask. I have shown this app at my CV and present my Github activity before the recruiter. Than i have got the job. But after getting the job now i am forced to work in the Front End. It is really hard for me. Though i am delivering the job no matter what it costs. I accept my situation as in Start-up i have to work for the Start-up, not only for my own benefit. Thus i have come to FCC to learn and hone my skills in JS.

In real world, what really matters is getting the job done. :smiley: