Just finished my first challenge – a tribute page

I am new to the Free Code Camp and have just finished my first challenge – a tribute page about my favourite photographer S. M. Prokudin-Gorskii, one of the pioneers of colour photography in early XX century:

Be sure to check the links! If you haven’t seen those pictures before they will blow your mind :slight_smile:

Feedback welcome.

Hi @alex-virt,

HTML inspector(codepen)

• This code is not correct(nobr):
<h1>Sergei <nobr>Prokudin-Gorskii</nobr></h1>

MDN documentation:

Non-standard
This feature is non-standard and is not on a standards track. Do not use it on production sites facing the Web: it will not work for every user.

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

Thanks! What would be a proper way to prevent it from breaking?

Hi @alex-virt, I think I don’t understand can you paste a screenshot with the problem :sweat_smile:

In general, if you are looking for something similar you can research:

The white-space property is used to describe how whitespace inside the element is handled.

The HTML <pre> element (or HTML Preformatted Text) represents preformatted text. Text within this element is typically displayed in a non-proportional (“monospace”) font exactly as it is laid out in the file. Whitespace inside this element is displayed as typed.

But all depends of the problem you want to fix.

I wanted to prevent “Prokudin-Gorskii” from breaking when the window is narrow. I tried to use non-breaking dash ‑ but it didn’t look good typographically.

I understand. I tried to break the word “Prokudin-Gorskii” using the mobile device view (Blisk, opera and firefox) but I couldn’t. Therefore I couldn’t test this element (never used before) but maybe can fix the problem:

<wbr>: The Line Break Opportunity element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

The HTML element word break opportunity represents a position within text where the browser may optionally break a line, though its line-breaking rules would not otherwise create a break at that location.

Or Maybe the <pre> element is a better option.

Update: wbr specs (the mdn link was broken)
HTML Standard

I think the none breaking space is just working fine in this case.

Sergei Prokudin Gorskii

Thanks,