Let us discuss my Random Quote Machine

You can see it here:

I mainly focused on 2 things:

1. To make it look as simple as possible and
  2. To not have to move the mouse to get a new random quote. That added some more difficulties as I
    had to pay closer attention to the formatting of the quote. At this point though I feel it is ready for some external feedback :slight_smile:

Current bugs:

When the quotes are too long, the author disappears and the font size gets too small

Whoops, in the browser-integrated codepen-window it looks way different (and pretty bad lol), I’ll see how I can fix it.

Here’s the full link:

https[colon]//codepen[dot]io/barnabasedubio/full/VzGxEO

Hey, thanks a lot for the feedback!

Since I’m adamant on keeping the “Next Quote” button in a fixed position, I had to rewrite the way the quotes are formatted again. It’d be great if you could check it out again, I think I fixed the issue but your input would be very helpful :slight_smile:

Okay thanks, I tried it a few times with the smaller screen before, and the quotes seems to be fitting in the box fine, but I guess
If I reduce the screen size to a specific value the quotes will always pop out, unless I do something like changing the overflow behavior.

A possible solution I am thinking of is simply setting a min-width of the browser window. It might not look that great for smaller phones, but that way I can ensure the quotes staying in the box. What do you think?

Okay, thanks a lot! :slight_smile: