Local Weather App - Comments?

Local Weather App - Comments?

Hello Everyone,

I have finally completed the weather app challenge.

Here’s my codepen: http://codepen.io/Nitin-Chandran-Nair/full/rLpORj/

I would like you know your feedback on this. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
Nitin

Looks nice!

One thing struck me at my first glance though, the font of the title. I didn’t really like it, but that’s my opinion I guess :slight_smile:

Also, there’s two things I notice with the temperature, you can click the celsius button multiple times to apply the celsius formula over and over again, and maybe you should consider rounding your temperature when you change between Celsius and Fahrenheit, I ended up with pretty nasty decimals.

haven’t looked at your code but the look and feel of it is great!

there is a bug with the C/F. if you keep clicking on it, it will create this huge number.

i would also suggest that you add a search input for manual search.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am not able to click it multiple times. :frowning:

I think this issue is with Chrome browser only. I have checked it in IE and Edge as well and it does not allow to click more than once.

Will try to find a workaround for Chrome. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

Yes, the title font does not match with the other, so I have just changed it.

For the bug, I think this issue is with Chrome browser only. I have checked it in IE and Edge as well and it does not allow to click more than once.

eadg too.
100% the problem is in your code.

It’s a code problem, I can mimic it in any browser as well.

I guess that the problem would be that disabling a bootstrap button isn’t like actually disabling a real <button> element. A disabled <button disabled> would not throw the click event as you listen for, but bootstrap buttons looks like they do, so you would have to figure out another way of doing it.

Remember you can both set and read the value of an property with jQuery like $('#id').attr('prop'); reads the value while $('#id').attr('prop', 'newValue'); sets the value.

Yes, will fix it soon! :slight_smile:

Thank you @heennkkee :slight_smile:

I will check and see what I can do to fix this error!

Hi!

I tried using it, but the button is still “clickable”. :frowning:

You’ll be unable to disable the button, but you can set disabled to true and then check if it’s disabled before you allow the rest of the function to execute.

$('#button').attr('disabled') will either return undefined or the actual value it’s been assigned. Try using this to determine if you want to actually execute the updateTemperature function.

Thanks!

I have instead displayed only one button, if that’s okay with the challenge…

Neat! I don’t see why that would be a problem, should be up to you to decide how your project works :slight_smile:

But maybe you should look into rounding the result from your temperature function? I end up with a temperature like 20.759999999999998 when I convert from Celsius -> Fahrenheit and then back to Celsius.

Ok, I will work on that and update the pen! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: