Local Weather App @FCC

Local Weather App @FCC

Where do I begin? I’m stuck, and I can’t figure out where to start with this project. Any help would go a long way. Thanks.

What part of the user stories do you not understand? You need to break the challenge down into smaller pieces and think about how you would solve each one first. Don’t try to build every feature in one setting.

Basically, the following are the main pieces you will need to develop:

#1) You need to figure out where the user is located. There are two ways of doing this. The first involves navigator.geolocation.getCurrentPosition. The second involves using a third party geo ip address locator such as freegeoip.net or ipapi.co which uses your ip address to get an approximate location.

#2) You need to use a weather API (I suggest using the one specified in the challenge instructions - https://fcc-weather-api.glitch.me). You will need to use either XMLHttpRequest method, or a jQuery method ($.ajax or $.getJSON), or the newer JavaScript method call fetch to get the weather data and be able to work with it.

#3) You need to figure out how you want to display the data received from piece #2 and use html and css to best meet the visual requirements of the challenge.