Looking for Coding Buddy

I am new to FreeCodeCamp, but not new to HTML 5 & CSS 3. I learn from other resources that I believe help me remember more effectively and consistently. I joined this forum honestly to find a coding buddy, I don’t know a single person near me who codes. I am just now starting to learn JavaScript and would like to study it with other people to maybe stay motivated and and work as a team to create some projects. Like I said I have just started JavaScript, this week, so I am a beginner. If anyone is interested please hit me back, thanks for your time!

1 Like

I’ am also in the same situation but I am into php but I realize its not just doing the exercises its about building projects for your self or other people I have studied html,css
javascript,jquery,php now I am just focusing on building things although I am majoring in finance .

3 Likes

Count me in , you can join me on discord or ping me here as well :slight_smile:

I’m new to programming and am focusing on learning Javascript as thoroughly as possible before branching into other programming languages. I’m currently going through the Javascript algorithms and having plenty of problems. The only one I’ve done myself is the “Return Largest Number in Arrays” challenge and my solution to that was just brute force because I couldnt remember how to iterate through sub strings

<<<
function largestOfFour(arr) {
// You can do this!
var largest = arr[0].sort(function(a, b){return b - a;}).shift();
arr[1].sort(function(a, b){return b - a;});
arr[3].sort(function(a, b){return b - a;});
arr[2].sort(function(a, b){return b - a;});

var largestOne = arr[1].shift();
var largestTwo = arr[2].shift();
var largestThree = arr[3].shift();
var lar = [largest, largestOne, largestTwo, largestThree];
return lar;
}

largestOfFour([[4, 5, 1, 3], [13, 27, 18, 26], [32, 35, 37, 39], [1000, 1001, 857, 1]]);

Ugly I know… anyway terrapinaj on twitter or gmail I’d love to help with anything since I know the best way to test how well you know something is to try and teach it :slight_smile:

Hey guys. I am pretty much completely new to all this. I am trying to learn all this with a variety of resources but would love to have a coding buddy for sharing knowledge, working together on projects, accountability and motivation.
If you are looking for the same shoot me a message! :slight_smile:

Patrick

A great idea hit me up. i am in the same position would be good to have people to get advice from.

Looks like we are somewhat in the same boat, which is good, everyone needs some support or another. I’ll make a discord account if anyone else would like to, please do. I think it would make it easier for all of us to communicate more effectively. I’ll also leave my personal email if you guys don’t want to create a discord account. InhabitCode@gmail.com, hope we can all study or learn and begin projects soon, thanks again for the feedback!

My discord username is the same as my email InhabitCode

Hi guys!
Can i join as well? I just finished university and currently taking a few weeks break, and now i really need to get back to coding again before i forgot most of it. Having a friend surely will help motivate me to learn more.
Also, honestly i don’t know how coding buddy works exactly, but please do hit me up and maybe we can have some fun and learn together :smile:
monstutravel@gmail.com

Greetings all. I wouldn’t mind getting in on the action :v:
Between the Java I learnt at school and the Python I learn in my free time, I have some (not much) coding experience that I would be happy share with anybody that’s interested. I think it would be nice to have some homies to help keep my spirits up when the going gets tough.
Message me if you’re keen :wink:

You can count me in. I have fundamental to intermediate grasp on front end development and I am looking forward to do actual projects as much as I can. My discord tag is #2045.

My discord account is InhabitCode#0904

add me on discord so we can all hang out : boydjenkins18#2839

we can create our own discord channel and it would be awesome if we all can voice chat.

1 Like

hi, there made a discord channel for freeCampCamp for beginners. if any wants to join i myself am looking to start a project to help lean building sites

1 Like

When you share you discord you need to share the digits after your nickname, like, here’s my discord: anton_rich#1310

link to the freeCodeCamp beginners discord group if anyone wants to join

1 Like

Same here man, i am intermediate in JavaScript but i really like to work join a team so that i can stay motivated. so am interested.

new here too. and its a good idea to have a circle as we face challenges.

Hi Guys,

I’m a first-year computer science major. Though I have been working with graphics and coding since msn and yahoo fiction/gaming days.

I would 100% not call my self a proficient coder in any sense. I’m a sponge that’s always willing to absorb knowledge in all aspects of life.

Feel free to add me on discord @ steph #2194

Hello guys.

I’m very new to coding and I’ve just finished my first project, Tribute Page. If someone want’s to go through the rest of the journey with me please send me a PM . :slight_smile: